After getting into an accident, you may sustain whiplash. This injury results from your neck jerking back and forth and causes serious pain and stiffness. Whiplash can require expensive treatment and other life changes that deserve recognition and reimbursement. Our passionate lawyers at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis understand the difficulties of these injuries, so we allow you to focus on recovery by handling every aspect of your case.
With over 50 years of experience serving Orlando victims, you can trust us to take on your claim, regardless of circumstances. We give your case the attention and care it deserves so that you can achieve a fair settlement. Our devoted legal team negotiates with insurance companies to settle your claim out of court, but we are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. Whiplash injury claims can be complex, so we provide open communication throughout the entire process to help you understand every element of your case.
How to Know if You Have a Whiplash Injury
After an accident, you may not feel symptoms of your injuries right away. However, you should still seek medical attention in case you require treatment. You may have sustained a whiplash injury if you experience the following symptoms:
- Stiff and sore neck
- Sharp pain when moving your neck from side to side
- Trouble turning your neck as far as usual
- Numbness or tingling in your arms
- Headaches at the back of your head or skull base
- Problems concentrating
- Feeling tired or lightheaded
- Blurred vision
- Ear ringing
When seeing a doctor, they often put your diagnosis, the potential cause of your injuries, and other notes into your medical records. This information can significantly benefit your case by proving your injury’s existence and the extent of your treatment.
Proving Fault in Orlando Whiplash Injury Claims
Whiplash injuries can occur in several scenarios, so determining a liable party is not always straightforward. We work with you to discover whose negligence caused your damages so we can hold them accountable. Potentially responsible parties for your whiplash injuries include the following:
- Another driver: If you suffered a whiplash injury in a car accident, the other driver involved may be liable if they failed to follow traffic laws, drove under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or acted recklessly.
- Pedestrian or bicyclist: A pedestrian or bicyclist may be responsible for your injuries if they caused another driver to swerve into you or neglect to follow traffic signals.
- Manufacturer: If a defective part caused the accident, the manufacturer could be held liable.
- Repair shop: A repair shop could be responsible for your injuries if they failed to install a new part properly.
- A property owner or government agency: These parties are responsible for maintaining their roads, so if poor road conditions caused the accident that results in your injuries, they might be liable.
In addition to helping you identify the at-fault party, we can also assist you with proving they caused your injuries. In whiplash injury cases, you must prove that the liable party owed you a duty to care for your safety, and their negligence to do so directly resulted in your injuries. We can gather evidence like medical records, police reports, and video footage of the accident to build a strong claim and achieve the compensation you deserve.
What Damages Can You Collect for Your Whiplash Injuries?
When dealing with whiplash injuries, you may worry about paying for your treatment and other lifestyle changes to accommodate your neck pain. With the help of our knowledgeable whiplash accident lawyers, you can recover damages such as the following:
- Ambulance ride fee
- Hospital bills
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages from missed work
- Physical therapy
- Prescribed medications
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Assistive medical devices
In Florida, you can still receive compensation for your injuries even if you are partially at fault. The state uses a comparative negligence system, so each party involved gets a percentage of fault for the accident. This percentage is taken from each party’s compensation. We negotiate with insurance companies to ensure they do not assign you an unfair percentage so that you can receive full compensation for your claim.
Reach Out to a Seasoned Orlando Whiplash Injury Lawyer at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis Today
If someone has rear-ended you or struck your car, you may suffer injuries from whiplash. In this case, you should contact our dedicated lawyers at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis to build a solid claim and advocate for you. We work with you throughout the entire process, listen to your story, and utilize innovative strategies and valuable resources to achieve a successful outcome.
Thanks to our decades of experience providing unmatched legal services to Orlando victims, we have the skills and knowledge to take on any case. We work tirelessly to accomplish your goals and develop a plan that suits your unique needs. Our top-notch lawyers have received recognition from outlets like Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers, so you can rest assured your case is in highly-qualified hands. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (407) 843-7060 or fill out our contact form.