According to a federal study by the Department of Human Services, 97 percent of nursing homes are understaffed, which can lead to serious illness, injury and wrongful death. This is why
Some Examples of Families We’ve Helped Include:
- The Orlando nursing home abuse attorneys at Wooten, Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso, & Dennis, P.A helped an elderly man who had more than 30 bedsores on his body, even on his ears. When we investigated, we discovered a video of the man lying in his own feces. We helped him recover a significant settlement to compensate for his abhorrent treatment.
- We represented a family who lost a loved one due to a fellow resident’s violent attacks. The assisted living facility claimed that no one knew about the resident’s violent tendencies. However, after we investigated, we discovered that the resident had a history that the facility tried to hide in order to keep him on the grounds instead of losing him to a psychiatric ward, which would have resulted in less revenue. We recovered a multi-million dollar award for the deceased’s family.
Contact Our Experienced Orlando Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Today For Help
If you suspect your loved one is suffering from abuse, neglect or injury in a nursing home or assisted living facility, or if you see bedsores or pressure sores, on your loved one, our Orlando nursing home abuse lawyers are here to help you. We believe victims of negligent injuries should be able to explore their rights without charges or obligations.
Here Are Some Commonly Asked Questions About Nursing Home and Elderly Abuse That We Will Help You Answer:
- What is elder abuse?
- Are there different types of abuse?
- Are there signs of abuse and how can I recognize them?
- What do I do if a nursing home resident has been suffered abuse?