Orlando Rear-End Accident Lawyer
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, rear-end collisions made up 27.8% of car accidents in 2020, making them one of the most common types of car crashes. They occur when a driver strikes the back of another car, often causing injuries and damages. If you have sustained injuries after another driver rear-ended you, you deserve top-notch representation that will fight for you. At Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis, we understand the complexities of these claims and do everything we can to make the legal process as stress-free as possible.
With over 50 years of experience and extensive knowledge of state laws, you can rely on us to handle every aspect of your claim while you focus on recovery. Because every case is different, we handle each one with personal detail to help you accomplish your goals and achieve the compensation you deserve. Our dedicated Orlando car accident lawyers provide consistent and open communication to keep you informed and educate you on your claim so you always know what to expect.
What Do You Need to Prove Fault in Orlando Rear-End Collision Claims?
While you may assume proving fault in rear-end collision claims is straightforward, this is not always the case. Negligent drivers often cause these types of accidents, but you must present evidence demonstrating their reckless behavior. This burden of proof involves proving the following points:
- Duty of care: The at-fault party owed you a duty to care for your safety when driving. This may include driving at or below the speed limit, maintaining a safe following distance, and changing lanes carefully.
- Breach: The liable party neglected this duty of care by driving recklessly.
- Causation: The at-fault party’s negligence directly caused your injuries, which resulted in damages.
We understand this may seem intimidating, but we may help you gather and analyze crucial evidence like medical records, police reports, video footage, and witness testimony. You can also take steps after the accident to protect your rights, which include the following:
- Taking photos and videos of the scene and your injuries
- Seeking immediate medical attention
- Writing down witness information
- Documenting any exchanged information
- Journaling about how your injuries have impacted your life physically and emotionally
Regardless of your circumstances, we strive to build a strong claim for you and achieve a successful outcome. We support you every step of the way so you never feel alone. With our passionate team, you can receive a fair settlement and hold the liable party accountable.
How Does Comparative Negligence Impact Rear-End Collision Claims in Florida?
As per Florida law, the state practices pure comparative negligence, which can affect your rear-end collision claim and the damages you recover. Pure comparative negligence means each party involved in the accident receives a percentage of fault. This percentage gets deducted from each party’s compensation.
For example, if you are 20% at fault for the accident, and the other driver is 80% at fault, you can collect 80% of your damages while the other party collects 20% of theirs. This system allows you to receive compensation even if you are partially at fault for the accident. However, insurance companies may try to undermine your claim and assign you an unfair fault percentage. We have the skills and experience to negotiate with them to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Potentially Recoverable Damages in Orlando Rear-End Collision Claims
After a rear-end collision, you may have suffered injuries that require expensive treatment and other accommodations. In this case, you may be entitled to recover damages, such as the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Current and future medical bills
- Ambulance ride fees
- Prescribed medications
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages from missed work
- Punitive damages
While some of these damages, like medical bills and lost wages, are simple to calculate, others, like pain and suffering, are more complicated. During your free consultation, we listen to your story and use important information to determine your case’s worth so that you can receive fair compensation for your losses. We also keep track of offers and counteroffers and ensure insurance companies do not lowball you.
Seek Help From a Trusted Orlando Rear-End Accident Lawyer at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis
After sustaining injuries in a rear-end accident, you should prioritize your recovery instead of worrying about the complex legal process. Our highly-skilled lawyers at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis can manage every element of your claim to give you the best chance of achieving just compensation. Having a trustworthy lawyer by your side ensures your case is in the best hands.
We have proudly provided our high-quality legal services to Orlando victims for 50 years and successfully recovered millions of dollars in all sorts of car accident claims. Our personalized approach allows us to develop a plan that meets your unique objectives. While we do everything we can to settle your claim out of court, we are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. Give us a call at (407) 843-7060 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation.