If you were involved in a bus-related accident, you might be able to seek compensation for losses connected to the accident. Given the sheer size of buses compared to passenger vehicles, motorists, or cyclists, these accidents can end catastrophically.
Whether you were driving a car, riding a motorcycle or bike, or injured while on the bus, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced Orlando bus accident lawyer may be able to help you seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Injuries From Bus Accidents
Because buses are much larger than most other vehicles on the road, such as motorists and passenger vehicles, accidents between the two can result in substantial injuries. Even if you were on the bus that was involved in the accident, you might have sustained injuries due to the accident.
Common injuries that are sustained in bus accidents include:
- Fractures: You may break one or multiple bones in the accident, which can range in severity. Clean breaks usually heal quickly and do not impair you later on in life, but breaks do not always occur in such a manner. Compound fractures or cases where the bone has been crushed may require extensive surgery and cause complications that last a lifetime.
- Back injuries: High-speed bus accidents can jolt passengers upon impact. This can lead to chronic back pain that follows victims throughout their lives. Sometimes, back injuries may require surgery.
- Brain injuries: Upon impact in a bus accident, passengers may sustain a blow to the head, causing a brain injury. Traumatic brain injuries range in severity, and some will heal on their own, while others will drastically impact their cognitive abilities, ability to process emotion, and difficulties with sensation.
- Crushed limbs: Passengers involved in bus accidents may be pinned into their seats. This can cause crushed extremities that may take a lengthy amount of time to heal. There will be loss of sensation or function in some cases, and it may even result in amputation in much more extreme cases.
- Spinal cord injuries: Bus accidents that result in spinal cord injuries are very severe. Treatment of spinal cord injuries must be done very carefully, and surgery or hospitalization is usually costly. In some cases, this type of injury may result in partial or total paralysis.
Set Up a Consultation with an Orlando Bus Accident Lawyer Today
Bus injuries range in severity and may drastically impact the victim’s life. Victims may face mountains of medical bills, loss of income, and months of rehabilitation. In cases such as these, an experienced bus accident lawyer can be instrumental. While you turn your focus to healing from your injuries, your lawyer will work tirelessly to prepare a case so you may recover maximum compensation for your losses.
If you have been involved in a bus accident in the Orlando, Florida area, reach out to a lawyer specializing in personal injury cases. Here at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis, we have helped countless victims recover millions of dollars, and we are here to help you through every step of this process. For a free consultation, visit our website and fill out the contact form, or give us a call at (407) 843-7060.