A car accident could happen in an instant and after the rest of your life. Often, car accident victims suffer severe injuries requiring a long and arduous rehabilitation period. Victims may become overwhelmed with medical bills and other accident-related expenses during this time.
If you were injured in a severe car accident caused by another person’s negligence, you should not be forced to foot the bill for your own recovery. The skilled attorneys at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso, & Dennis are proud to serve our clients in Groveland, Florida. Our team has over 100 years of combined experience helping accident victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their injuries and other losses. Our attorneys know the ins and outs of Florida law and are ready to apply their knowledge and skills to your case.
Types of Car Accidents We Handle in Groveland
When choosing a car accident attorney, it is essential to consider their experience with different types of car accidents. At Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso, & Dennis, our attorneys have an extensive understanding of a variety of different types of car accidents. While every accident is unique and affects victims differently, many fall into similar categories. A few examples of car accidents we handle in Groveland include the following:
- Head-on collisions: In a head-on collision, the front end of one vehicle collides with another. These accidents can be especially severe and are common in drunk driving cases.
- T-bone collisions: These sometimes deadly accidents occur when the nose of one vehicle collides with the side of another, making a “T” shape.
- Rear-end collisions: Rear-end crashes are among the most common and are typically caused by distracted drivers. A rear-end refers to when the front of one vehicle hits the rear of another.
- Multi-car collisions: An accident involving more than two vehicles may be referred to as a multi-car collision. These accidents are often called “pile-ups” and can be caused by hazardous road conditions.
This is by no means a comprehensive list, and you may have been involved in a different type of accident that our attorneys can assist with. When you choose us, we will thoroughly investigate your case to determine the cause of the accident and who may be liable for your injuries.
Proving Liability in a Groveland Car Accident
Because Florida is a no-fault state, you must look to your own insurance company to compensate you for your accident-related costs. However, if you suffered severe injuries, you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim against the reckless or negligent driver. To recover monetary compensation for your injuries and other losses, you must first prove that the other driver was at fault for the collision. To successfully establish fault and liability, you must prove the following:
- The other driver owed you a duty of care
- The duty of care was breached by negligent or reckless behavior
- The breach of duty was the cause of the accident
- You suffered damages as a result of the accident
All drivers in the Sunshine State have a responsibility to act with reasonable care to avoid an accident. If the other driver breached their duty of care and their negligence resulted in your accident and injuries, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your losses under Florida law.
Damages You May Be Awarded Through a Car Accident Claim
While monetary compensation cannot heal the physical and emotional wounds caused by the accident, it may be able to relieve the financial burden of your accident-related expenses. If another party’s negligence caused your car accident and subsequent injuries, you might be eligible to collect the following damages:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and earning potential
- Property damage
- Significant disability or disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment in life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
Soon after your accident, your insurance company may offer you a settlement for your claim. Unfortunately, insurance companies will try to offer you the smallest possible amount for your accident-related losses. When you partner with a skilled injury attorney, they will fiercely advocate on your behalf to ensure your settlement covers the full extent of the losses you have suffered.
Partner with a Trusted Car Accident Attorney
Building a strong car accident claim that establishes liability and your total damages can be an overwhelming and stressful task to take on alone. At Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso, & Dennis, our attorneys understand how challenging recovery from a car accident injury can be and are determined to make the claims process as straightforward as possible. Our experienced attorneys are committed to helping their clients in Groveland hold negligent parties accountable and achieve favorable outcomes for their cases. To learn more about how our award-winning team can help you, give us a call at (407) 843-7060 or complete our online contact form today.