Car accidents are one of the leading types of personal injury cases. No matter how experienced or safe of a driver you may be, when a negligent party is involved you may fall victim to a damaging car accident. If you have been injured in a Bay Hill car accident as a result of a negligent driver, you may be feeling helpless and unsure of what to do next. Recovering from your injuries can be overwhelming. That is why it is important to get the help of a legal professional in order to recover financial compensation.
Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis is a Florida law firm with extensive experience helping clients who have been injured in damaging car accidents in Bay Hill. We understand that the recovery process after a severe injury can be stressful and leave victims feeling hopeless. That is why it is crucial that you trust our team of professionals to handle the legal aspect of recovering the compensation you deserve. Our car accident lawyers are proud to provide you with the personalized care and dedicated representation needed for your case to be successful.
What Should You Do After a Bay Hill Car Accident?
The moments following a car accident can leave the drivers and passengers involved feeling disoriented as they adjust to the reality of the situation. While it can be easy to panic after a traumatizing event like a car crash, the best thing to do for your health and safety is to remain as calm as possible and to follow these essential steps:
- Call Emergency Services: After you have checked yourself and any passengers for severe injuries, it is crucial that you call 911 in order to get law enforcement and an ambulance to the scene. Calling emergency services help to ensure your safety, it is also important that a police report is filed for the accident.
- Get Evidence: Take video and take photos of the accident scene, any visible injuries, and property damage.
- Get Witness Statements: Get a brief statement from any eye witnesses along with their name and contact information.
- Give Your Statement for the Police Report: It is important that you provide law enforcement with a detailed account of what you believe occurred.
- Get Driver Information: Get the name, contact, and insurance information of the driver who hit you.
- Seek Medical Attention for Your Injuries: Even if you do not immediately feel injured, it is crucial that you seek medical attention after a car wreck. This is because victims may often feel perfectly fine following a traumatic car accident as a result of adrenaline. If you have been injured and do not get treatment, your injuries may worsen and become life-threatening.
Once you have begun the healing process after a car accident, it is important that you contact one of our Bay Hill lawyers to help you begin the Florida claims process.
The Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Florida
Car accidents often occur when least expected. While there are many reasons that a collision may happen, most often the cause of a car accident relates to driver negligence. Some examples of common causes of car accidents that relate to driver negligence include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Driving while drowsy
- Reckless driving
- Inexperienced driving
Being the victim of a car accident can leave victims with life-altering injuries. Regardless of what caused your accident to occur, our legal team wants to help you pursue the fair compensation you deserve for the injuries and losses you have suffered as a result of the other party’s negligence.
What Are Common Car Accident Injuries?
Even when a car accident is minor, victims do not typically walk away without a scratch. Even in a minor rear-end collision, drivers and passengers may still suffer damaging injuries as a result. Some of the most common causes of car accident injuries include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Crushed limbs
- Loss of limbs
- Severe burns
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Whether you have been injured in a severe or minor car crash, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. To get help filing your car accident claim, contact our team of award-winning car accident lawyers.
Contact a Bay Hill Car Accident Lawyer for Help With Your Claim
If you have been involved in a car accident, you deserve to be compensated for the injuries and losses you may have suffered as a result of another party’s negligence. When you work with a trusted Bay Hill, Florida car accident lawyer, you may be able to pursue damages for any medical expenses, property damage, or other losses.
The award-winning injury lawyers at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis are dedicated to providing clients with the trusted representation they deserve. With over 50 years of experience, our team has the skills needed to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your claim. To speak with one of our Florida car accident lawyers, fill out our contact form or call (407) 843-7060.