Car accidents can be impactful in many ways, and the injuries you may sustain can be life-changing. If you’ve been in a Titusville car accident, you should not be forced to deal with the consequences on your own. Working with a Titusville car accident lawyer can provide you with sound legal advice regarding your options for compensation. At Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis, P.A., we take a compassionate, practical approach to helping our clients who have been involved in a car accident.
We employ proven legal strategies in our pursuit of compensation for your car accident claim. Our clients have long relied on our expertise in this practice area, and we’ve won countless compensation awards for claims we have processed.
What Should You Do after a Titusville Car Accident?
After a Titusville car accident, there are specific steps you should take to maximize your chances for a positive claim-related outcome. This includes:
- Assess the situation and safely remove yourself from your vehicle: If you can do so, get out of your vehicle and assess the situation. Florida law requires that you move your car out of the roadway if you can do so safely.
- Say only as much as necessary to the police and your insurance company: Stick with the facts of the accident. Don’t posit about blame or what may have happened. State only what you know may have happened and nothing more.
- Take pictures of the damage to both vehicles: Using your smartphone, snap pictures of your vehicle and the other one. This may help down the road when you file your claim. Try to get identifying information in your photos, including vehicle license plates and any other identifying markers.
- Say nothing to the other driver about the accident and don’t claim blame: Don’t discuss the accident with the other driver and don’t share theories about blame. The other driver may use this information against you should they decide to file a claim first.
- Get checked out at a local medical center: Even if you don’t think you are injured, it is still essential to get checked out. Sometimes, the adrenaline from a car accident may mitigate any injuries you might have, and you may feel them later.
- Call a Titusville car accident lawyer: Reach out to a Titusville car accident lawyer as soon as you receive medical attention and have your bearings. We can help you through the next steps and ensure that everything you do moving forward can help your case.
Following a car accident, taking the proper steps can ensure proper compensation for any claim you might file for your pain and suffering.
Common Titusville Car Accident Injuries
Even when wearing a seatbelt, the injuries you might sustain in a Titusville car accident can be severe. Typical car accident injuries include:
- Bruises and lacerations
- Head trauma
- Broken bones
- Spinal trauma
Depending on the extent of your injuries, short-term medical care may not be enough. You might need more time to heal, and this may involve additional therapy and rehabilitation services. This is yet another reason why compensation can be helpful after a car accident.
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer
You might be tempted to navigate the legal system on your own when you’ve been in a car accident. However, a qualified Titusville car accident lawyer is your best chance of getting the compensation you deserve when you’ve been injured in a crash. A car accident lawyer will conduct a review of your case and get the pertinent documents to support your claim.
Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis, P.A. is a top-rate accident firm that has helped countless clients to gain compensation for their pain and suffering, emotional turmoil and accident-related medical expenses. We have also helped our clients garner compensation to help with any lost wages and lifestyle changes due to the other driver’s negligence. We rely on more than 100 combined years of experience from our expert legal team to help you realize a successful outcome for your case.
Schedule a Consultation with a Titusville Car Accident Lawyer
The ways a car accident can change your life may seem overwhelming. Let us help you through it. At Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis, P.A., we will review your case and lay out your options for compensation. We are thorough, responsive and well-versed in the best approaches to garner you an ideal case outcome.
When you work with our firm, you are more than just a number. You are a real person with real-world impacts needing a team to fight for justice on your behalf. We are that team. Give us a call at (407) 606-8624 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation today.