Car accidents can take a significant toll on every aspect of your life, from the loss of your mode of transportation to injuries suffered in the process. This can also be a very confusing time, which means you might not know what issue should be addressed first. Working with a Lakeland car accident lawyer can help you file a claim for compensation that could help you address an accident’s aftermath.
The team at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis, P.A. specialize in helping car accident victims to get justice. Our extensive experience relates to car accidents of all types, from head-on highway collisions to seemingly simple fender benders. We understand the pain and suffering that can accompany car accidents and are here to help.
What to Do After a Lakeland Car Accident
Following a Lakeland car accident, there are specific steps you need to take to not only protect yourself but also to ensure that your claim is more successful. These include:
- Call the police: Even if the incident was just a simple fender bender, it is vital to have an official record of what occurred to support your claim (both any legal claim you file as well as that which you provide to the insurance company).
- Move your car if you are able: Florida law requires you to move your vehicle out of the roadway if you can do so safely and if you are uninjured. If you are injured, or anyone in either vehicle is, then wait until emergency services arrive before you do anything.
- Provide only the necessary factual information to the police and your insurance company: Offer only the facts in your conversations with the police, other drivers and insurance companies. Don’t expound on who may have been to blame or what may have caused the accident. Be succinct in your conversations about the accident until you can speak with an attorney.
- Seek medical attention: You might think that you only suffered superficial injuries in the crash. However, as the adrenaline from the accident begins to wear off, you might find that you are more injured than you initially thought. It’s best to get checked out just in case.
- Call a Lakeland car accident lawyer: Finally, call a Lakeland car accident attorney to start the process of filing a claim. We will help you deal with the insurance company and guide you on the next steps.
The most important element of responding to a Lakeland car accident is getting legal guidance as soon as possible. You might find yourself on the defense if you wait to file a claim and the other party does so first.
Common Types of Lakeland Car Accident Injuries
Injuries sustained in a Lakeland car accident can range from seemingly superficial to severe. The most common types of Lakeland car accident injuries include:
- Bruises and lacerations
- Head and neck trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
While these are among the most common car accident injury types, there are many other ways that the incident might physically or mentally impact you. This is one of the reasons it is so important to seek medical attention whether you realize you’ve been injured or not. Some injuries take longer than others to manifest.
How to Choose a Lakeland Car Accident Attorney
Choosing a Lakeland car accident lawyer comes down to experience and effectiveness. It is crucial to choose someone with experience with accidents similar to yours and someone aggressive enough to fight for justice on your behalf. We will start with a comprehensive case review to determine the viability of your case.
Next, we will amass all pertinent information relating to your case. This includes police reports, eyewitness testimony and surveillance reports and video in the area where the accident occurred. We will determine the level of compensation necessary to address your pain and suffering as well as the implications of your injuries.
In other words, choose a attorney that will be thorough and ensure the best possible for your specific case. At Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis, P.A., we provide you with the necessary individual attention that lets you know we value a positive outcome for your case as much as you do.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Lakeland Car Accident Lawyer
If you are dealing with the ramifications of a Lakeland car accident, you don’t have to go through the process alone. The Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis, P.A. team is prepared to help you determine the best course of action for your circumstances. We have years of experience helping our clients to garner the best possible outcome for their cases. Compensation can go a long way towards helping you rebuild your life after a car accident.
Don’t delay. Reach out to us today by calling (407) 606-8624 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case specifics and tell you how we might be able to assist.