mmm / 05-20-2023 / Auto Accidents

How Minor Accidents Can Lead to Severe Injuries

Car accidents happen across the country every day, often ranging in severity. However, even when a car accident seems minor, victims may still suffer from severe injuries. Sometimes, when a person walks away from a minor car accident, they may not be experiencing any symptoms due to the adrenaline and shock they feel after the crash. This can result in injuries being left untreated and worsening over time. 

Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis is a Florida law firm with extensive experience helping clients who have suffered injuries in car accidents. Our team of trusted legal professionals can help you file a strong personal injury claim after you have suffered severe injuries in a minor accident. Our personal injury lawyers are proud to provide you with the dedicated representation needed for your case to be successful in Florida. 


Can You Suffer Severe Injuries After a Minor Car Accident?

Whether you were involved in a minor rear-end, sideswipe, or other type of car accident, you should never underestimate the injuries you may have suffered, regardless of the severity of the accident. Minor crashes may cause very minute damages to the actual vehicle, which could result in airbags not being deployed or minor dents and scratches to the vehicle. However, even minor car accidents can create immense force, causing a victim’s back, neck, or head to get jolted or twisted. 

The soft tissue of these areas of the body can easily result in serious injuries, even if the accident occurred at a low speed. That is why it is crucial to always seek medical attention after being involved in any type of car accident to ensure you get the care you need. If you have suffered severe injuries as a result of a minor accident, you may feel like you will be unable to get fair compensation for your injuries and losses. However, with the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer, you can build a strong claim. 


Damages You Can Collect After a Minor Car Accident in Florida

Regardless of the severity of your car accident, if you were injured, you deserve compensation for your losses. After filing a personal injury claim for your Florida car accident, you may be eligible to collect the following damages:

  • Medical expenses: If you were injured in a car accident, you may incur costly medical bills as a result, regardless of how severe the crash was. You should be compensated for the money you have had to pay to allow you to recover from injuries caused by the crash.
  • Lost wages: You should be compensated for all present and future wages you have lost out on due to being unable to work as a result of the car accident and your injuries.
  • Property damages: If your vehicle was damaged in your crash, you should receive compensation for the cost of repairing or replacing it.
  • Pain and suffering: You should be compensated for all the physical and emotional trauma you have endured due to the car accident you were involved with.

To get help negotiating for the fair compensation you deserve, contact a trusted personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.


Get Help With Your Claim After a Minor Car Accident in Florida

The award-winning personal injury lawyers at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis are dedicated to providing clients injured in minor car accidents with the trusted representation they deserve. With more than 50 years of experience, our team has the skills needed to help you retain the fair compensation you deserve for your injuries, even though the crash may have been minor. To speak with one of our Florida personal injury lawyers, fill out our contact form or call (407) 843-7060 today.

Disclaimer: All verdicts and settlements listed here are gross amounts before deductions for attorney fees and costs. Past results do not guarantee similar results in the future. Most cases result in a lower recovery. It should not be assumed that your case will have as beneficial a result. Before choosing a lawyer, ask for written information about the lawyer's legal qualifications and experience.