Whether you were injured in a car accident or slip-and-fall, being involved in a personal injury accident can leave you with serious physical injuries and significant financial losses. In order to get the compensation you deserve for your losses and injuries, you need to file a Florida personal injury claim. When filing your personal injury claim, the damages you are awarded are calculated based on specific factors, like the medical expenses you had to pay or lost wages due to being unable to work while injured.
Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis is a Florida law firm with extensive experience helping clients injured in various personal injury accidents. Our team of trusted legal professionals can handle the legal aspects of recovering the compensation you deserve. Our personal injury lawyers are proud to provide you with the personalized care and dedicated representation needed for your case to be successful.
How Much Are You Owed in Compensation After a Florida Personal Injury Claim?
Being injured in any type of accident can be traumatizing and leave victims with physical and emotional injuries. Additionally, personal injury accidents often result in costly financial losses for the victims involved. While there is no set amount of money that one should expect to be awarded from a personal injury claim, with the help of a trusted lawyer, you can get help calculating how much you can expect to retain in damages. The amount in compensation you may collect is calculated by collecting evidence regarding the following losses as a result of the accident:
- Medical expenses: If you were injured in an accident, you may incur costly medical bills. You should be compensated for the money you have had to pay to allow you to recover from injuries caused by your accident.
- Lost wages: You should be compensated for all present and future wages you have lost out on due to being unable to work as a result of the accident and your injuries.
- Property damages: If your property, like a car or bike, was damaged in your accident, you should receive compensation for the cost to repair or replace it.
- Pain and suffering: You should be compensated for all the physical and emotional trauma you have endured due to the accident.
A personal injury lawyer can help you negotiate a fair settlement amount in addition to helping you calculate the amount you should expect in damages from a personal injury claim in Florida.
Proving Liability in a Florida Personal Injury Claim
Another important step in filing a personal injury claim is to provide evidence to hold the at-fault party liable for the actions that caused your accident. To prove liability in a personal injury claim, you must provide evidence of the four elements of negligence:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care
- The liable party breached the duty of care
- The breach in duty of care led to your accident
- You suffered a loss as a result
To get help gathering the evidence to prove liability in your personal injury claim, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Florida today.
Pursue Fair Compensation for Your Personal Injury Claim in Florida
Being injured in a personal injury accident can be highly stressful, regardless of the severity of your injuries. To ensure you get justice for your losses, you deserve to be fairly compensated after filing a personal injury claim.
The award-winning lawyers at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis are dedicated to providing clients who have been injured in personal injury accidents with the trusted representation they deserve. With over 50 years of experience, our team has the skills to help you retain the fair compensation you deserve for your claim. To speak with one of our Florida personal injury lawyers, fill out our contact form or call (407) 843-7060.