Florida Man Dies From Airline Food Poisoning – Wooten Kimbrough

Doug / 12-14-2011 / Consumer Safety

Florida Man Dies From Airline Food Poisoning

The family of a Florida man who died from food poisoning from a meal he consumed on a flight has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against American Airlines, according to ABC News. Othon Cortes, 73, died after eating a chicken meal on a flight that was contaminated. His widow and daughter filed the suit.

American Airlines does not comment on pending litigation, according to a spokesman. Sky Chefs, an airline catering company, is also named in the lawsuit. Sky Chefs claims they did not cater meals on that particular flight. The lawsuit claims the chicken was contaminated with Clostridium perfingens, a deadly bacteria.

Once his flight landed in New York, Cortes had severe stomach pains and sudden thirst before boarding another flight to Miami. The flight had to make an emergency stop in Norfolf, Virginia as his conditioned worsened before he was pronounced dead.

Were you or a loved one injured by food poisoning?

Wooten Kimbrough, P.A.—Orlando personal injury attorneys.

Disclaimer: All verdicts and settlements listed here are gross amounts before deductions for attorney fees and costs. Past results do not guarantee similar results in the future. Most cases result in a lower recovery. It should not be assumed that your case will have as beneficial a result. Before choosing a lawyer, ask for written information about the lawyer's legal qualifications and experience.