The U.S. Consumer Safety Commission (CPSC) and Best Buy are warning consumers that 10 different products, which were recalled in 2012 and 2013, were sold by Best Buy in store and online as well as through liquidators Best Buy Private Auction, CowBoom and TechLiquidators nationwide. Often stores and distribution centers have plans in place to communicate a “stop sale” of products, once they receive notice that a governmental agency has announced a recall, but there are times where a recalled product makes it to the shelves and is purchased by unsuspecting consumers, such as in this case. The recall involves approximately 200 units of the recalled products and an undetermined number of Canon cameras.
Consumers who purchased one of the below listed items are encouraged to discontinue use immediately and contact the recalling firms listed to receive remedy, such as a refund, replacement or repair. The resale or even attempted resale of consumer products that have been recalled is illegal.
- Canon EOS Rebel T4i Digital Cameras– Contact Canon toll free at (855) 902-3277 between 8 a.m. to midnight ET Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Saturday or visit the following link usa.conon.com and click “Recalled to Repair” for information.
- Coby Televisions– Contact Best Buy at (800) 566-7498 or BestBuy.com and click “Product Recalls”, which is near the bottom of the page.
- Definitive Technology SuperCube 2000 Subwoofers– Contact Definitive Technology at (800) 228-7148 between 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at definitivetechnology.com and click “view the recall notice on select SuperCube 2000 models” for information.
- GE Dishwashers– Contact GE toll-free at (866) 918-8760 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at geappliances.com/recall.
- Gree Dehumidifiers– Contact Gree toll-free at (866) 853-2802 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at greeusa.com and click recall for information.
- iSi North America Twist’n Sparkle Beverage Carbonation Systems- Contact iSi at (800) 645-3595 or online at twistnsparkle.com.
- LG Electronics Electric Ranges– Contact LG toll-free at (866) 400-4638 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday or online at LG.com/us and click on Public Notices in Customer Services.
- LG Electronics Gas Dryers– Contact LG toll-free at (855) 223-5355 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday or online at LG.com/us and click on Public Notices in Customer Services.
- Samsonite Dual-Wattage Travel Converters– Contact Samsonite at (800) 382-7259 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or by emailing email@example.com or online at samsonite.com/recall.
- Sauder Woodworking Company Guga Office Chairs– Contact Sauder Woodworking Company toll-free at (888) 800-4590 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at Sauder.com and click Safety Notices for information.
The hazards, which vary depending on the product, posed by the above listed products include but are not limited to fire, burn, shock, expelled parts, falls and skin irritation. Serious injuries can be caused by continued use of one of the above listed products.