Drunk driving accidents can lead to tragedy, and many accidents involving drunk drivers result in severe injuries and even death. Those who deliberately choose to get behind the wheel after drinking alcohol should be held accountable.
If you or a loved one were involved in a drunk driving accident, this traumatic experience might forever alter your life. Whether this means you have sustained severe injuries that impair your ability to live your life normally or loss of income due to disability, a lawyer may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Types Of Damage Following a Drunk Driving Accident
You may be able to seek compensation for the damages sustained in the drunk driving accident. There are two kinds of damages in this type of accident: economic and non-economic. With the assistance of a lawyer, you may be able to recover compensation to cover both types of damages.
Economic damage usually consists of one or more of the following:
- Loss of income: If you were injured during a car accident, you might be unable to work. This may mean you are physically unable to work at your job or you may not be able to work due to attending vocational rehabilitation. In some cases, victims can never return to work, leaving them with crushing financial stress.
- Medical expenses: This may include hospitalization expenses, surgery costs, expenses related to emergency medical treatment and transport, bills for treatment or rehabilitation, or assistive devices or modifications to the home and vehicle.
- Property damage: Your vehicle may be fixed in some cases, or it may be totaled. Either way, you will either need to repair or replace the car.
Non-economic damages refer to those that are not monetary, such as bills or expenses. These losses are intangible, but still significantly affect the victim. Non-economic damages may include:
- Physical suffering or pain
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Lowered quality of life
- Physical disfigurement
Speak With An Orlando Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Today
Drunk driving accidents can leave victims reeling, grappling for a sense of clarity in difficult times. Building a lawsuit to recover compensation for damages is just another component to worry about. Therefore, it is a wise idea to enlist the assistance of an experienced lawyer for help with drunk driving accident cases. Not only does it alleviate stress for the victim, but they can also focus on healing from their injuries and leave the case in the capable hands of a lawyer. If you or a loved one was involved in a drunk driving accident in the Orlando, Florida area, reach out to a lawyer today.
The knowledgeable team of attorneys at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis are here to help you. With 50 years of experience in personal injury cases and millions of dollars in damages recovered for our clients, we are prepared to assist you through this process. For a free consultation, visit our website and fill out the contact form, or give us a call at (407) 843-7060.