Maritime law may apply to boat accidents, and it is very different from the laws that govern land-based personal injury accidents. Trying to make a case under this type of law will be very difficult if you are not an Orlando boat accident lawyer.
However, for the victims of on-the-water injuries and their families, having an experienced boat accident lawyer in their corner will ensure that their rights are protected and that their best interests will be the priority, including:
- Determining the maritime laws that apply in a specific case, which can vary depending on what type of body of water the incident took place, such as a state-controlled lake versus international waters.
- Dealing with at-fault boat operators who are underinsured or uninsured or who were operating a watercraft while intoxicated.
- Knowing and using the applicable laws necessary to prove the at-fault party’s negligence, including individual boat operators, tour and party boat companies, maritime industry employers and boating manufacturers that provided defective equipment or boats with dangerous design flaws.
- Understanding how to proceed in the best interest of the client whether the maritime accident occurred due to a deliberate violation of the law, such as speeding or carrying too many passengers, or ignorance, such as hitting a wave at an unsafe angle.
Whether you or a loved one were hurt as part of a tourist excursion or in another recreational boating accident, as our client, you can rest assured that the Orlando boat accident attorneys at Wooten, Kimbrough, Damaso & Dennis, P.A. will fight relentlessly to recover the compensation you need moving forward.
Boating accidents we have experience assisting victims with:
- Jet ski accidents
- Drunk boating accidents
- Yacht accidents
- Cruise ship accidents and injuries
- Hit-and-run boating accidents
- Fishing boat accidents and injuries
- Wrongful death boating accidents
- Sailboat accidents
- Improper use of equipment, such as navigational lights
- Kayak, inflatable boat, paddleboard and canoe accidents
- Operator error, including operator inexperience
- Parasailing accidents
- Boating wrecks involving other vessels, sandbars, docks, rocks, jetties, poor weather conditions or piers