Medical Malpractice Verdicts and Settlements
Obtained by our Orlando Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Our Orlando medical malpractice attorneys have obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for victims of negligence. We trust our health professionals to provide a reasonable standard of care. When they fail, the results can be permanent and potentially fatal.
Victims of medical malpractice deserve powerful allies. Since 1966, our firm has established a reputation for excellence due to our commitment to our clients, our community involvement and our ability to achieve results. Here are a few of the medical malpractice cases that our attorneys resolved.
- An immigrant infant was born with severe brain injuries due to delay in her mother’s proper obstetrical care. She then suffered additional injury during her subsequent neonatal intensive care as the result of inadequate resident-physician procedures and neonatal unit staffing. Litigation against the hospital resulted in a then-record verdict for the child and her family.
- We successfully obtained the maximum NICA benefits for a child who was brain damaged at birth. At least ten other firms rejected the family before we agreed to help them and prevailed on their behalf. If you have a child who was injured at birth and you are seeking information about NICA benefits, please call or e-mail our Florida NICA attorneys for more information. It is best to talk with an experienced NICA attorney before accepting a settlement. We will be able to advise you whether a NICA settlement is truly in your best interest and the best interest of your injured child, or whether other options available to you would be better. We can help you obtain the maximum benefits you deserve.
- A repeatedly missed diagnosis of posterior urethral valves in an infant by both his pediatricians and a consulting radiologist resulted in the child’s loss of one kidney and a future of dialysis. Another record verdict preserved the child’s ability to obtain a lifetime of exceptional care.
- The wife of a retired man, severely injured in an car crash, obtained a significant arbitration award against his trauma surgeon when the physician failed to discover and timely treat the man’s internal injuries. We made a unique presentation of the value of a retiree’s earning capacity and deflected the opposition’s claim that pre-existing health issues reduced the decedent’s life expectancy.
Failure to Diagnose Cancer
- We have represented multiple cases of medical neglect with verdicts and settlements totaling over five million dollars for failure to diagnose lung cancer when it could have been cured had doctors responded properly to early X-rays. As technology increases and our ability to survive cancer increases, the human lives lost from medical errors are also increasing.
- We represented a patient in an intensive care unit (ICU) who died under suspicious circumstances. Legal investigation showed the ICU was understaffed and that unqualified personnel were caring for patients. The settlement was in excess of a million dollars.
Vaccine Injury Wrongful Death
- An infant died after receiving a routine vaccine. We brought the case against the federal government pursuant to the Vaccine Injury Compensation Act. After intensive investigation and working with a team of a pathologist, a pediatric neurologist and a pediatric neurological pathologist, we proved that the vaccine caused the death due to a rare complication. We obtained the maximum recovery allowed by law for this case.
- In this case, a husband contracted the AIDS virus from a blood transfusion and then later transmitted the virus to his wife before he was diagnosed. We successfully represented the couple in obtaining a multi million-dollar recovery.
Pharmaceutical Error Cases
- We have pursued numerous cases against major pharmacies and hospitals for errors in prescribing medicine. The typical case involves a pharmacist putting a completely different medicine in the bottle than what was ordered. Other times the dosage will be incorrect. The firm has handled many of these cases involving dangerous wrong medications provided to the patient.
Hospital Nursing Malpractice Death
- This case originated when a nursing staff failed to recognize the signs of a life- threatening side effect after an elective cervical spine surgery. We represented the widow and quickly won a large confidential settlement.
The above are just a few examples of the kinds of medical malpractice cases we represent. If you or a loved one has suffered injury or damage as a result of improper medical care, please call or e-mail us to discuss your case with one of our experienced Orlando medical malpractice lawyers. If you have questions about medical malpractice or want to find out if you have a case, take advantage of our free consultations. Call 1-800-235-7060 to speak with someone immediately.