Hurt in a Boat on the Water?
Speak to an Orlando Boating Accident Lawyer
It was supposed to be a fun day on the water spent with family and friends. However, boating accidents happen in a split second and often without warning. This is the unfortunate tragedy that occurs more commonly than people believe.
After a boat accident, the emotional toll of the situation by itself is overwhelming, let alone the complex financial, legal and medical issues. You cannot and should not do this without help. An experienced Orlando boating accident lawyer at our law firm will guide you and your family, protect your rights and hold those at fault accountable. We assist people harmed as tourists in Florida, as well as residents.
Why Do I Need to Talk to an Orlando Boating Accident Lawyer?
Maritime law may apply to boat accidents, and it is very different from the laws that govern land-based personal injury accidents. Trying to make a case under this type of law if you are not a maritime lawyer will be very difficult. However, for the victims of on-the-water injuries and their families, having an experienced boat accident lawyer in their corner will ensure that their rights will be protected and that their best interests will be the priority, including:
- Determining the maritime laws that apply in a specific case, which can vary depending on what type of body of water the incident took place, such as a state-controlled lake versus international waters.
- Dealing with at-fault boat operators who are underinsured or uninsured or who were operating a watercraft while intoxicated.
- Knowing and using the applicable laws necessary to prove the at-fault party’s negligence, including individual boat operators, tour and party boat companies, maritime industry employers and boating manufacturers that provided defective equipment or boats with dangerous design flaws.
- Understanding how to proceed in the best interest of the client whether the maritime accident occurred due to a deliberate violation of the law, such as speeding or carrying too many passengers, or ignorance, such as hitting a wave at an unsafe angle.
Find Me a Personal Injury Lawyer in Orlando for Maritime Accidents and Injuries
If you or someone you love has been the victim of an on-the-water accident in Florida, you need to speak with an Orlando boating accident lawyer as soon as possible. You need a legal representative with years of experience and an in-depth knowledge of maritime law to guide you through the process of protecting your rights and securing the compensation you and your family will need going forward.
The Orlando personal injury lawyers at Wooten Kimbrough, P.A. are well versed on the ins and outs of maritime law, having spent decades defending the rights of the victims of on-the-water accidents and their families, including:
- Jet ski accidents;
- Drunk boating accidents;
- Yacht accidents;
- Cruise ship accidents and injuries;
- Hit-and-run boating accidents;
- Fishing boat accidents and injuries;
- Wrongful death boating accidents;
- Sailboat accidents;
- Improper use of equipment, such as navigational lights;
- Kayak, inflatable boat, paddleboard and canoe accidents;
- Operator error, including operator inexperience;
- Parasailing accidents;
- Boating wrecks involving other vessels, sandbars, docks, rocks, jetties, poor weather conditions or piers.
Whether you or a loved one were hurt as part of a tourist excursion or in another recreational boating accident, as our client, you can rest assured that we will fight relentlessly to ensure that those responsible are brought to justice and you and your family recover the compensation you need moving forward.
For more information about what you should do following an on-the-water accident or to talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Orlando about your situation, call us today. We offer free, confidential initial consultations to injury victims and their families, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Make the call.