Meet Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer Council Wooten, Jr.
Mr. Wooten received his undergraduate, M.B.A. and J.D. degrees from the University of Florida. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, Board Certified by The Florida Bar and the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He devotes his practice to representing plaintiffs in personal injury law, including the areas of general liability and products liability. He has been with the law firm since 1968.
Mr. Wooten was born in Tallahassee, Florida and was admitted to the bar in Florida in 1968. At the University of Florida, he was a member of Phi Eta Sigma, Phi Kappa Phi, Phi Delta Phi and Florida Blue Key. He was Consul of Sigma Chi. He was Chairman of the Florida Citrus Sports Association in 1987 and President of the Board of Directors of the FSSF in 2002. He is on the board of the Florida Historical Society. Mr. Wooten became Chancellor of the Episcopal Diocese of Central Florida in 1989 and still serves in that position today.
Mr. Wooten is a member of the following organizations:
- Orange County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Chairman, Trial Lawyers Section, 1984–1985
- Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Section, 1969–1977
- Fourth District Court of Appeals Nomination Commission, 1976–1979
- Evidence Code Review Committee
- Chairman, 1977–1978
- The American Association of Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Board of Directors, 1977–1981
- American Board of Trial Advocacy, Member, National Board of Directors, 1990
- Central Florida ABOTA
- President, 2004
- Florida Board of Legal Specialization and Education
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
Council Wooten, Jr. is also a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer and has been certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1983. He was named in the top 1% of Florida Lawyers in Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite in 2004, 2005 and 2007 and was named Florida Super Lawyer starting in 2006 and has received that award every year since. In 2009 Orlando Magazine named him as one of Orlando’s Best Lawyers in Personal Injury Litigation. He also has been given the honor of that recognition every year since.
To schedule a free consultation with our Orlando personal injury attorneys, call (800)235-7060, or submit the contact form on the side of the page. We can investigate your claims and fight for the compensation you deserve.